Careers in luxury travel
Wexas is looking for proven, experienced sales consultants with a passion to sell luxury and experiential holidays, primarily long-haul with a particular focus on the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, although you will frequently deal with other worldwide destinations through our three luxury brands – Best Served Scandinavia, The Luxury Holiday Company (TLHC) and Wexas Travel.
Luxury Tailor-made Travel Consultant – Long-haul
Leisure Sales Team Leader and Head of Leisure Sales
Overall purpose of Position:
You will have excellent destination knowledge, either gained through living or working in the USA and Canada or Australia and New Zealand, or through extensively travelling and selling the regions. With a proven track record in sales, ideally gained in a luxury or tailor made travel company, you will have high touch customer relationship skills needed to close sales and delight our clients.
- Use your destination knowledge and personal insight to design and convert to sale individual tailor-made itineraries for our clients
- Maximise every enquiry (whether phone call or email) with friendly and professional service and quickly identify good leads
- Offer the highest levels of customer service and be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ throughout the sales and after-sales processes to ensure a high repeat ratio
- Use our preferred destination partners to offer high quality product and optimum return on sales and offer ancillary products as appropriate to enhance our clients’ journeys
- Confidently interact with clients by email, phone and occasionally face-to-face to build loyal relationships and repeat business
- Work closely with our Team Leaders, Head of Leisure Sales and product managers so you have first class product and region knowledge as expected by our clients
- Be a proud advocate for travelling with TLHC, Wexas and BSS and confident to guide and recommend product that will exceed our clients’ expectations
- A proven track record in long-haul (ideally luxury or experiential) sales in the USA and Canada and/or Australia and New Zealand
- GDS experience, ideally Amadeus
- Commercially aware
- In-depth self-drive holiday knowledge
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, though proven experience and destination knowledge mean a degree is not essential
- Passion and enthusiasm for travel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, actively listening to and fulfilling clients’ needs
- Attention to detail
- Results orientated with personal motivation to deliver and exceed targets
- Calm under pressure and flexible attitude to managing changes, whether due to client, Covid or Government restrictions
- Strong time management and personal organisation skills
- Confident with clients and able to build trust and loyalty
How to apply
If you would like to consider joining us, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Why do people choose to book with Wexas?
Wexas is one of the UK's most respected travel companies, specialising in luxury tailor-made travel to destinations across all seven continents. We’ve been involved with luxury travel since 1970 and are endorsed by such Honorary Presidents as Sir Ranulph Fiennes, John Simpson and Michael Palin. Whether your heart's already set on a particular place, or the world's your oyster, we hope that our itinerary ideas will give you all the inspiration you need to begin planning your perfect holiday.
"Wexas is the best with no doubt at all."
– Ranulph Fiennes, Honorary President
For more information on why people book with us, please visit here.