Search for grizzlies amid a landscape of glacier-carved fjords and dramatic coastal mountains.
British Airways Sale
The British Airways Sale is now on, The British Airways Sale is now on, with Club World and Club Europe savings to a wide range of destinations. Book by 19 March 2024.
- Spot bears in one of the world's best grizzly viewing areas, the Knight Inlet
- Stay in a floating lodge in a remote fjord
- Head on included kayak tours, bear watching excursions and boat trips
- Enjoy all-inclusive dining with ultra-fresh seafood and complimentary wine
- Bookend the trip with Vancouver's glorious coastal gems and world-class gastronomy
- 2 Nights Vancouver
- 1 Night Campbell River
- 2 Nights Knight Inlet
- 1 Night Vancouver
Activity adventure | All-inclusive | Lodges | Natural world | Off the beaten track | Wildlife
Fly out from Vancouver by seaplane to Knight Inlet Lodge on Vancouver Island, where all-inclusive dining awaits, showcased in a delicious menu of ultra-fresh seafood, and cosy suites afford panoramic views of a shoreline often teeming with bears hunting for salmon. Throughout your stay, you’ll be treated to a programme of included bear watching tours, forest hikes, kayaking adventures and excursions in search of orcas, dolphins and bald eagles. It’s all knitted together with included transfers throughout, as well as a luxury hotel stay in Vancouver to bookend your adventure.
Day by day itinerary
UK to Vancouver
Start your trip in style with complimentary access to the airport lounge before boarding your day flight to Vancouver. Check in to The Loden on arrival, in Vancouver’s charming Coal Harbour. Enjoy your ultra-modern suite with panoramic vistas, perhaps indulging in the hotel’s onsite spa, before sampling one of Vancouver’s excellent Japanese and Chinese eateries or some fresh fish on the seafront promenade.
Stay: The Loden (Superior)
Vancouver to Campbell River
After breakfast, take a seaplane flight to the rugged coast of Campbell River, named the 'salmon capital of the world'. Hike in the boundless wilderness parks and rugged Nootka Trail, or for something more serene head to one of the fishing hotspots, canoe the Circle Route around Sayward Forest or visit the myriad art studios on Quadra Island. Then, head to your rustic accommodation for tonight in the town centre.
Stay: Campbell River hotel
Knight Inlet Lodge
After breakfast, take your included seaplane from Campbell River to the stunning Knight Inlet where you’ve got two days to explore. This 100km long fjord is carved by glaciers in the coastal mountains, and surrounded by pristine wilderness teeming with grizzly bears. The floating lodge sits right on the shores of Glendale Cove, a place where bears forage for mussels, barnacles and sedge grasses in spring, and salmon hunting in the Glendale River in autumn. One of five modern cement floats will be your home for the next two nights, featuring queen-sized beds, private bathrooms, and burning wood stoves in stunning alder hardwood, alongside panoramic views of Glendale Cove's shoreline. A cosy dining room, lounge and interpretive centre await, and you'll view grizzlies from a specially constructed viewing platform at the lodge. Enjoy boat and kayak trips on Glendale Cove, a Knight Inlet sightseeing cruise, bald eagle spotting and an interpretive forest guided walk. From mid-July, there's even the chance to go whale watching and spot pods of orcas. Come back to ultra-fresh crab, salmon and prawn harvested from the glacier-fed waters of the Knight Inlet, alongside complimentary wine.
Stay: Knight Inlet Lodge
Meals: B L D
Knight Inlet to Vancouver
After breakfast, take your seaplane from the Knight Inlet back to Vancouver via Campbell River. On arrival in Vancouver, you’ve got the chance to explore the delights of the city – perhaps head downtown to Gastown’s endless coffee houses and historic boutiques, or West End offers fascinating public art and sculptures lining the streets. Just outside the city, there’s rainforest trails, cycle routes along the seawall and scenic green spaces such as Stanley Park.
Stay: The Loden (Superior)
Vancouver to UK
After breakfast, take the chance to explore Vancouver for a final time before boarding your overnight flight back to the UK, arriving on day eight.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
21 May - 30 Aug 2024
from £3,800 pp. incl. flights
31 Aug - 14 Oct 2024
from £4,265 pp. incl. flights
Knight Inlet Lodge is open between 21 May - 14 October 2024
- Complimentary UK airport executive lounge access
- Return flights between UK and Vancouver
- 3 nights at The Loden Hotel, Vancouver (2 pre and 1 post your stay at Knight Inlet)
- Return flight from Vancouver to Campbell River, including fuel surcharge
- Return transfer from Campbell River Airport to hotel and seaplane terminal
- Return airfare from Campbell River Float Plane dock to Knight Inlet Lodge
- 1nt accommodation in Campbell River
- 2nts accommodation at Knight Inlet Lodge
- Return floatplane transfer between Campbell River and Knight Inlet Lodge
- Welcome orientation for wildlife viewing
- All meals and snacks whilst at the lodge
- Complimentary house wine with dinner
- All transportation to the bear viewing stands and boats
- Bear viewing tour
- Scenic boat ride of Glendale Cove
- Knight Inlet sightseeing cruise
- Kwalate River Valley interpretive hike
- Bald Eagle excursion viewing
- Use of kayaks on organised estuary tours and interpretive guides on all tours
- British Columbia back country permit fee
- First Nations user fee
- Environmental research fee
Low Season : 21 May - 30 Aug 2023
High Season : 31 Aug - 13 Oct 2023
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0635