Discover Italy's most charming region alongside luxurious hotel stays
- Walk and boat among the pastel-hued houses of historic Cinque Terre
- Sip wine in world-class vineyards
- Stay in five-star, boutique luxury throughout
- Indulge at sea-view restaurants with ultra-fresh seafood and traditional Italian fare
- Enjoy included train and ferry journeys as well as a pass to walk the winding trail that links the villages
- 4 Nights Portovenere
- 2 Nights Pisa
Food & wine | History & culture | Honeymoon | Summer
Pastel-hued villages, rugged cliffs, charming yacht-lined harbours – truly emblematic images of Italy, and ones that are perhaps nowhere more renowned than in Cinque Terre. This tailor-made, luxury trip will see you explore it all, from world-class vineyards and cosy trattorias to cliff-hugging trails and remote beaches. Start in Portovenere's historic bays before included train and ferry journeys – of only the most scenic type – bring you to the romantic streets and fishing harbours of Cinque Terre’s most famous villages, spending evenings indulging in gourmet, sea-view restaurants and coming back to spa-adorned five-star hotels. We've also included a pass for unlimited access to the hiking trails that hug the clifftop, affording sweeping vistas of the shimmering ocean below. Then to Pisa to discover why it's so much more than its famed tower.
Day by day itinerary
UK to Portovenere (via Pisa)
After included VIP airport lounge access, fly from the UK to Pisa. On arrival, enjoy a private transfer to your hotel, to the five-star Grand Hotel Portovenere, hidden among the sparkling bays of the eponymous village. Clifftop trails, hidden beaches and deep caves, dominated by the fortress of Castelo Doria, are just moments away – but the hotel has its own spectacular offerings, too, such as the restaurant on the veranda that looks over the charming rainbow houses of the town – best enjoyed before an aperitivo at the Venus bar’s sea-view terrace.
Stay: Grand Hotel Portovenere (Deluxe)
Cinque Terre villages
After breakfast on day two, catch the local ferry trip from Portovenere to Riomaggiore (not included). We've also included a Cinque Terre pass for unlimited access to the walking trail that winds between villages, as well as unlimited train travel between the charms, whether you want to head to Riomaggiore's pastel-hued houses and pebbly beaches or Manarola's bustling waterfront framed by vineyards. Don't miss a sojourn to Vernazzo's harbour, ancient seaside houses and winding cobbles, and Corniglia, the region's highest village – your effort to reach it (it's inaccessible via sea) is rewarded with, unsurprisingly, spectacular ocean vistas. On day four you'll explore Monterosso, whose quaint beach and delicious seafood trattorias make for a wonderful few hours. We’ve also included wine and food tasting at rustic wine bar Enoteca Internazionale, where you'll indulge in local bruschetta washed down with local Cinque Terre white wines.
Stay: Grand Hotel Portovenere (Deluxe)
Portovenere to Pisa
After breakfast, enjoy a private transfer to to your Pisa and your hotel a majestic spa residence originally built in 1743 for the Grand Duke of Tuscany, today a renowned hotel and spa, take time to enjoy the frescoed ceilings, floral gardens and treatments set in the hills to the north of Pisa.
Next day you will be met and taken for a walk through the city of Pisa to discover why it's so much more than its famed tower; there’s everything from fading merchants’ houses and Gothic churches to Romanesque piazzas and baptisteries resplendent in bright-white marble before heading back to your hotel hotel, the Hotel Bagni di Pisa, for your final evening in this historic city.
Stay: Hotel Bagni di Pisa (Deluxe)
Pisa to UK
After breakfast, take your private transfer from Pisa to the airport to catch your flight back to the UK.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £1,670 pp. incl. flights
from £2,085 pp. incl. flights
- Complimentary UK airport departure lounge access
- Return flights between UK and Pisa, Italy
- Private arrival transfer between Pisa airport and Portovenere hotel
- 4nts accommodation Grand Hotel Portovenere on a BB basis
- Cinque Terre Train pass which allows unlimited access to walking trails between villages, and unlimited train travel between villages
- Visit Riomaggoire, Manarola, Corniglia and Vernazza
- Visit Monterosso and enjoy a food and wine tasting experience
- Private transfer Portovenere to Pisa
- 2nts accommodation Hotel Bagni di Pisa on a BB basis
- Private guided tour of Pisa
- Departure transfer Pisa hotel to airport
- Local ferry service between Portovenere and Cinque Terre Villages must be booked locally by cash or credit card
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0796