British Airways Sale now on
The British Airways Sale is now on, with savings to a wide range of destinations including the Caribbean, India, North America, South America and the Middle East – ends 31st January 2023.
- Discover the untouched wilderness of Canada's Northwest Territories, staying by a pristine lake
- Enjoy included kayaking, canoeing and hiking tours throughout
- Stay in a cosy, log-cabin style lodge with all-inclusive home-cooked meals
- Relax in the outdoor hot tub and sauna
- 2 Nights Vancouver
- 1 Night Yellowknife
- 7 Nights Blachford Lake Lodge
- 1 Night Vancouver
Activity adventure | All-inclusive | Fishing | Lodges | Midnight Sun | Natural world | Summer | Wildlife
This curated break is a wonderful exploration of Canada's wild Northwest Territories, where you'll stay just east of Yellowknife in pristine wilderness in the spectacular Blachford Lake Lodge. Only reachable via a 30-minute bush plane flight from Yellowknife, this remote lodge will see you spending days hiking, biking and canoeing around the serene lake, culminating with a soak in the onsite hot tub and sauna, indulging in all-inclusive home-cooked meals and relaxing in your wooden-beamed log cabin. It's all bookended with Vancouver's coastal delights, where you'll stay in a contemporary hotel on the shores of the pretty Coal Harbour, as well as discovering the historic city of Yellowknife.
Day by day itinerary
UK to Vancouver
Begin your trip with complimentary VIP airport lounge access before your day flight to Vancouver. On arrival, you will be met by your driver and taken to check into the contemporary Loden hotel on the shores of the pretty Coal Harbour. Take advantage of Vancouver's myriad delights, perhaps with a stroll around the trendy Gastown district or in one of the excellent Japanese eateries, or, naturally, ultra-fresh seafood restaurants.
Stay: The Loden (Superior)
Vancouver to Yellowknife
This morning your transfer will you to the airport for your included flight from Vancouver to Yellowknife and take the chance to explore the city. Perhaps head on a boat trip on the shimmering Great Slave Lake, stroll along the houseboat-lined shore or sample the myriad gastronomy, from ox burgers and sushi joints to Ethiopian restaurants. Then, check into your hotel for this evening, the Chateau Nova, with sprawling modern rooms and offering dinner delights in the Quarry Restaurant such as bison short-rib, steaks and Arctic Char fish.
Stay: Chateau Nova, Yellowknife (Superior)
Blachford Lake Lodge
Meet in Yellowknife to depart via floatplane to the spectacular Blachford Lake Lodge. Your stay here will be a truly immersive experience in the wild landscapes of the Northwest Territories in a pristine wilderness location unsullied by light or noise pollution. Check into your pine-clad room with stunning lake views, or opt for one of the five private lodges, before settling down to a home-cooked dinner featuring the likes of halibut and flank steak alongside an excellent wine list. The next seven days will be spent exploring the area, perhaps with a canoe or kayak under the midnight sun which allows for 24/7 activity. You'll also get a daily guided interpretive experience, or perhaps take out a boat or dip in the sun-warmed lake. There's a myriad of hiking and mountain biking trails to explore, come evening, relax in the outdoor hot tub and a sauna before a sundowner in the cosy bar and lounge.
Stay: Blachford Lake Lodge (Standard)
Meals: B L D
Yellowknife to Vancouver
After breakfast, take a last chance to head fishing or on a stroll along the nature trails before heading back onto the plane for your flight back to Yellowknife then transfer to Vancouver. Then, take the chance to explore more of Vancouver's coastal delights – perhaps cycle along the picturesque seawall or head just outside the city to the spectacular Capilano Suspension Bridge with stunning forest views or to the lighthouse-lined beaches.
Stay: The Loden (Superior)
Vancouver to UK
After breakfast, take your included transfer to the airport and board your flight back to the UK, arriving on day thirteen
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
Blachford Summer Wilderness stays run from 11 Jun - 13 Aug 2023 - must depart from Yellowknife on a Sunday, Wednesday or Friday
- Complimentary UK airport departure lounge access
- Return flights between UK and Vancouver
- Private arrival and departure transfers included for International and domestic flights
- 3 nights accommodation in Vancouver pre and post stay at Blachford Lake Lodge
- 1 night accommodation in Yellowknife pre stay at Blachford Lake Lodge
- Return floatplane transfer between Yellowknife and Blachford Lake Lodge
- 7 nights accommodation at Blachford Lake Lodge
- 1 x two hour morning guided interpretive walk per day
- 1 x two hour afternoon guided interpretive walk per day
- Use of Lodge facilities including library, hot tub, sauna and two open decks
- Use of seasonal equipment; nature trails, canoes, kayaks, motorboats, fishing equipment
- All meals and snacks including coffee, tea and juice
- Alcoholic beverages
- Fishing license
What to bring
- Rain gear and waterproofs
- Insect repellent
- Hiking boots
- Luggage allowance is one large bag per person plus small carry-on. Excess luggage can be stored at the Blachford Lake Lodge office free of charge
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0635