Combine a snow hotel stay with a bucket-list Northern Lights cruise
- Cruise Norway's spectacular coast
- Go in search of the Northern Lights
- Enjoy a range of optional winter activities
- Spend a night in the Northern Lights city of Tromso
- End with a stay at the iconic Kirkenes Snowhotel
- 1 Night Tromsø
- 2 Nights Havila cruise
- 1 Night Kirkenes
Activity adventure | Bucket-list holidays | Natural world | Northern Lights | Winter
Tick two off the bucket list with a Northern Lights cruise and a stay in one of Scandinavia’s iconic snow hotels. It all begins in the Northern Lights capital of Tromsø where, after a night among its buzzing bars and restaurants, you’ll begin your cruise north along the Norwegian coast. Between dramatic views and a host of off-ship excursion options, you’ll enjoy what is one of Norway’s most environmentally friendly vessels, complete with stylish lounge areas, a heated pool and Jacuzzis, as well as three restaurants, including a fine dining option, showcasing delicious local flavours. What's more, you'll have multiple opportunities to spot the aurora, mixing in optional adventures including king crab fishing, husky sledding and snowmobiling. Finally, anchor in Kirkenes where you’ll stay at its iconic snow hotel.
Day by day itinerary
UK to Tromso
After included VIP airport lounge access, fly to Tromso where, on arrival, you'll transfer and check in to the stylish Clarion Collection Hotel With, with beautiful views of the harbour and ocean. Complimentary afternoon waffles and a light buffet supper are the perfect fuel for an optional Northern Lights hunt this evening in Tromso. Far away from any light pollution, this is one of the best places in the world to spot the aurora.
Stay: Clarion Collection Hotel With, Tromso (Superior)
After breakfast, perhaps head out on an excursion, such as husky sledding, or board the cable car to the top of the Storsteinen mountain for spectacular snow-capped views. Later, head to the port to board Havila, a brand-new ship that's one of Norway's most eco-friendly. Havila's dedication to the environment is impressive, from its zero-emission four-hour sailing capacity to its Jacuzzi warmed by surplus heat. Settle in to your stylishly-appointed, sea-view cabin before heading to one of the three restaurants, where chefs handpick the best raw ingredients from local sources. Most impressive is Hildring, where you can expect world-class seafood in an intimate, elegant setting. Tonight – alongside keeping your eyes peeled for the Northern Lights – you'll sail past Skjervøy, a tiny island surrounded by narrow fjords home to orcas and humpbacks, and Hammerfest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Meals: B D
On board Havila
Explore the ship today as you pause to take in the charming fishing villages, rugged cliffs and narrow fjords along the coast. Highlights include the chance to have breakfast at the North Cape plateau and stop at Honningsvåg to head out King Crab fishing or ice fishing. You'll also pass Kjøllefjord, which has one of the most distinctive rock formations on the Norwegian coast, before your cruise continues through the night. Just be sure to step out on deck to – with luck – spot the dazzling lights above.
Meals: B L D
After an early breakfast, you'll transfer to your final stop, Kirkenes. Check in to the celebrated Kirkenes Snowhotel, one of Scandinavia’s most iconic, offering individually-themed ice rooms and saunas. If the thought of a snow suite sends shivers down your spine, you can also choose to stay in one of the stylish wooden Gamme huts complete with panoramic window, underfloor heating, Villeroy Boch styled en-suite and a cosy log-cabin feel. You'll be given thermal clothing on arrival to keep you comfortable before this afternoon perhaps heading out to visit the reindeer and 150 huskies that live on the farm. Then, optional excursions, from husky safaris and snowmobiling to meeting local Sami people, are the perfect prelude to your final dinner at the onsite restaurant for such Norwegian Arctic classics as cod, halibut and reindeer before a final viewing of the Northern Lights.
Stay: Kirkenes Snowhotel (Superior)
Meals: B D
Kirkenes to UK
After breakfast, transfer to the airport in time for your return flight to the UK. If you'd like to extend your stay in Tromso, Kirkenes or Oslo before or after your trip, simply speak to one of our consultants when enquiring.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
- Return flights London Heathrow to Tromso, then Kirkenes to London Heathrow
- 1 night at the Clarion Collection Hotel With including breakfast, afternoon waffles and complimentary light supper
- 2 nights on board Havila in a seaview cabin on a full board basis
- 1 night at the Snowhotel Kirkenes in a Snow Suite* OR Gamme Cabin* including breakfast and dinner
- Transfers between airport/hotel and port/hotel/airport in Kirkenes
* The 14 snow suites at the Snowhotel Kirkenes all have uniquely carved works created by master ice sculptors from around the world. The temperartureis a constant -4c. You & your mattress are kept warm by insulating reindeer hide and specially designed thermal sleeping bags. Shared facilities include small locker, access to warm lounge (24 hrs), restrooms, showers, wardrobe & sauna and wc are all in a building adjacent to the snow hotel.
* The Gamme Cabins at Snowhotel Kirkenes are inspired by the traditional hunting and fishing huts used by the resident Sami in the area. Designed by Swiss architects with a touch of Nordic inspiration. They come complete with private bathroom, underfloor heating and a panoramic window for Northern Lights viewing.
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0637